We hope that you enjoy looking around our website and finding out more about the faith, life and vision of the church.
Life can be an exciting adventure when you discover that Jesus is alive, that God loves you and that no matter what your age,
He has a plan and a purpose for your life!
We don’t want you to miss out, so find out more as you browse, feel free to contact us for more details or just come along.
God thinks you’re special and so do we!
Over 35 years ago a dozen people gathered together in the front room of a home in Southport. Each person had a hunger to see a New Testament biblical church established in our region, that would play a part in reaching the world for Jesus.
The birth of The Community Church came from a desire to see...
- A church no longer built on the traditions of men but with a biblical foundation based on apostles and prophets with Jesus at the centre of all things.
- A church filled with the Holy Spirit – where the gifts and fruit of the Spirit were evident.
- A church committed to living out our lives together as a covenant people, just as the bible teaches.
- A church of passionate followers of Jesus, who would share his love, life and power wherever, whenever and with whoever we meet.
- A church that would bring pleasure to God as we expressed ourselves freely in worship.
- A church that would use its money, time, effort, skills, talents and anything else it had..to reach out to all people in our region, country and nations beyond to see the ‘Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.’
Over the years we have used homes, schools, theatres and colleges to meet in and currently have a base on Ash Street in Southport. This venue hosts our children's, youth and seniors ministry, as well as hosting community and social events along with our Sunday morning celebrations.
The church family has grown over the years and our exciting journey of faith still continues.
God has shown us a picture of the dynamic, exciting and vibrant church He wants to see established. As a church family, we want Christ to be at the centre of all things, for faith to be an adventure and for people of all ages to find a home where they can serve, sow and reach out . The prophet Habakkuk was told by God to record his vision so that the people could read it, remember it and run with it.
The following ten snapshots help to express “The Big Picture” vision that we have seen,
they explain who we are and help show the kind of church we will become.
Snapshot One ..to be a Christ-centred, apostolic church, based on God’s Word and led by the Spirit of God
Snapshot Two ..to encounter God with anointed worship, see signs and wonders and communicate creatively
Snapshot Three ..to be an out there and constantly growing church with a world focus
Snapshot Four ..to be all-inclusive, where everyone is special and finds the grace and mercy of God
Snapshot Five ..to have an hello culture where guests receive an exceptional welcome!
Snapshot Six ..to be committed to volunteerism, where everyone serves everyone
Snapshot Seven ..to have a great range of ministry areas – for all-ages, that impact our communities
Snapshot Eight ..to disciple, encourage and develop everyone and see leaders and ministries emerge
Snapshot Nine ..to be a family of friends with vibrant small groups across our town and region
Snapshot Ten ..to be a 2nd-mile church, excelling in commitment, energy, money……..everything!